Workplace Ergonomics Advice from Health First Family Chiropractic in Lubbock, TX
Your Lubbock, TX chiropractor at Health First Family Chiropractic provides proper workplace ergonomics advice. Use it to prevent work injuries.
Causes of Common Work Injury Symptoms
Sharp pains in the neck or back, wrist or elbow joint stiffness, soft tissue inflammation, and numbness, or tingling may occur. Poor posture, holding the phone up with your shoulder, and lifting more than you can handle are usual causes.
Proper Workplace Ergonomics to Prevent Injuries
A total of 360 workers requested health advice at a conference, and a third of them were given doctor referrals. They had concerns about their hands, wrists, elbows, and necks. However, some work injuries can be prevented using these ergonomics tips:
- Do not hold the phone up with your neck. This could cause soreness and stiffness, and your neck may hurt when you try to move it.
- Use a chair that supports your back. The best ones conform to your spine’s natural curvature and shock cushioning.
- Sit with your computer at eye level facing forward. Make eye contact with the top of your screen while turned toward your desk to avoid neck and back strain.
- Do not reach more than 90 degrees. Use this rule of thumb when deciding how far away to place your mouse.
- Sit close enough to your desk. This will stop you from hunching over to reach your keyboard.
- Never lift more than you can handle. If you feel you have to strain when performing heavy labor, do not lift the boxes.
- Keep loads close to your body when lifting. This will provide support without injuring your back as you carry a load.
How our Lubbock Chiropractor can Treat Work Injuries
Our Lubbock chiropractic center can use massage therapy to loosen up your muscles. We also provide manual adjustments and spinal decompression that can align and stretch your vertebrae. This relieves stress, inflammation, and pain.
Contact Health First Family Chiropractic for an Appointment in Lubbock, TX Today!
Please contact Health First Family Chiropractic in Lubbock, TX at (806) 791-3399 to make an appointment.