Chiropractic Medicine Can Treat Tension Headaches
In this stressful world, everyone is bound to experience a tension headache at some point. However, some of us clearly seem to experience these painful incidences more than others. Here, we briefly explore the most common reasons for tension headaches and how our chiropractor from Lubbock Advanced Physical Medicine in Lubbock, TX, can treat them.
What Are Tension Headaches?
Tension headaches are defined as the feeling of pressure or pain in the head. For some, these happen regularly and can be a hindrance to productivity and enjoyment of everyday life.
Common Causes of Tension Headaches
Tension headaches may be more common for some than for others, but the list of potential causes is the same for everyone. If you experience regular tension headaches, watch for the following contributing factors:
- Certain foods types (such as chocolate, cheese, MSG products, nuts, and dairy products)
- Specific activities (for example, poor posture)
- Certain stress factors (including physical and emotional stress)
- Colds, flu, or sinus infection
- Dental issues
- Alcohol use
- Too much or withdrawal of caffeine
Our Lubbock, TX, Chiropractors Can Help
When you visit our chiropractors for treatment, we will find the root of your problem first. Then, we will develop a corrective action plan that not only eliminates your pain but also reduces the frequency of the tension headaches. We may use the following techniques to accomplish this:
- Spinal adjustments: Releasing any tension or stress in the spine that are triggering your headaches
- Lifestyle coaching: Setting you up to the right path of getting more exercise to reduce how often you experience the headaches and helping you to avoid specific activities that may cause them
- Spinal decompression therapy: Alleviating pressure from pinched or compressed nerves in the spine that are causing your headaches
Book a Consultation with Our Chiropractors Today
Here at Lubbock Advanced Physical Medicine in Lubbock, TX, we offer a range of chiropractic treatments for recurring tension headaches. Call us today at 806-791-3399 to learn more about how we can help or to schedule an appointment with one of our knowledge, experienced, and professional chiropractors.